Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Things I Love pt. 1

I'm sitting here snuggling with my dog on a snowy Wednesday afternoon. It's my first day of winter break. No class until January 5! I am so ready to catch up on much needed sleep (I slept in until 11:30 today and it felt amazing) and relax. Anyway, my pup and I sit here, we're listening to some music on my laptop and one of my favorite songs came on, prompting a new blog series that I'll be starting: THINGS I LOVE. So here it is.

Things I Love: Musician: Jarrod Gorbel
I became a fan of Jarrod's band, The Honorary Title, when I was a freshman in high school. I randomly stumbled across one of their albums at a local record store and immediately fell in love. They became one of my favorite bands, and I was pretty upset when I found out they weren't going to exist as a band anymore. Luckily, the disappointment didn't last because Jarrod released some solo jams - and EP, titled Ten Years Older and later a full-length titled Devil's Made a New Friend. The previously mentioned song that my pup and I have been enjoying is "I'll Do Better" from Devil's.
Here's a fantastic video of Jarrod performing the song, for your enjoyment.

PS - This blog was quite difficult to write, because Lil' Wiz felt that it was necessary to attack me with kisses ("I've been kissed by a dog!") and then lay his head on the keyboard. At one point he typed a long string of the letter "s" repeated over and over. Either he loves me today or he's jealous of my laptop... possibly both.

No comments:

Post a Comment