Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Beauty Rants and Fashion Raves

I'll start with the positive: I have a new obsession!
I went on a mini-shopping trip to the mall on Monday. I only bought one sweater and one necklace (see pictures below), but we're going back on Friday because I don't get paid until tomorrow. :P
Anyway, here's my obession:

This AMAZING blue & white (It may look purple in the picture depending on your monitor, but it looks blue in person) striped sweater, $14.95 at H&M. I am in love with it. The neck is wide enough to wear either normally or one-shoulder, it's a bit long (I hate short shirts, especially sweaters), and it's warm but not so warm that I feel like I'm roasting if I wear it in a building with that has the heat on. I'm not sure if it's just because it's new or if I genuinely like it better than everything else, but it is definitely my favorite shirt right now. Best purchase I've made in a while, and the price isn't bad either!
Here's the necklace I bought:

A little gold Bambi from F21. I only had $4-ish left after buying the sweater (I'd only brought $20 with me, because I mainly wanted to window shop in preparation for pay day :P), so I was looking for something really cheap. This piece was only $3.80 and I thought it was super cute. The little spots on the body of the deer are heart shaped. And you can never have too many necklaces!

Now, on to the negative... a beauty rant, on TRESemme's new Fresh Start Dry Shampoo.
My sister bought a can of it to try out, because her hair is dyed red and as anyone who has had red hair knows, it fades FAST, so she's trying to keep the shampoos to a minimum. I'd never tried dry shampoo before, but I decided to try it the other morning before work. I'd had a great hair day on Monday, and the only part of my hair that looks awful on day 2 is my bangs, so I figured I'd toss some of this on and be good to go for another great hair day. I was sorely disappointed! I followed the instructions (both from the bottle and from my sister, who has more experience with it than I do), but it did nothing at all for my bangs. It gave my roots all over a nice lift, but the bangs still looked greasy, and it made them much more piecey than usual. I ended up just braiding them and pinning them back Lauren Conrad style.
Have you had any experiences with dry shampoo? There is a chance that I did just somehow use it wrong, so I'm willing to try it again... share your tips with me!
:)

I'll be back on Friday or Saturday with a new "recent purchase" post... going on a major (I say that now, but will probably only end up buying a few things :P) H&M trip after class on Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Aaaawwwww, that necklace is LOVELY!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! The striped sweater is great, so trendy nowadays!
    XOXO

    www.ohmyvogue-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I worked in a salon, I loved Bumble and Bumble's dry shampoo. It even comes with custom colors so us red heads can keep it as real as possible. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that necklace! its so adorable :) x

    ReplyDelete