Sunday, October 17, 2010

Halloween Inspiration

This year's costume: 1950's housewife!



Every year for Halloween, I either dress as Teen Wolf (wearing a wolf mask and my dad's old HS letter jacket) or a businessman from the 1980's (also borrowing from my dad's closet, haha). I'm excited to finally do something different this year! I actually have PLANS aside from passing out candy, so I've decided to take costume inspiration from my favorite decade: the 1950's. I'm going thrifting next weekend to find the perfect dress -- and I'll allow myself to splurge if needed, because I know I'll get a lot of wear out of it beyond Halloween. I'm also considering carrying either a baby doll, a broom, or a mixing bowl with me. I'm definitely bringing my 1950's Kodak Brownie camera! Anyway, above is a little "inspiration board" that I put together, for use while shopping and putting my look together.
What are you dressing as for Halloween?

2 comments:

  1. 50's housewife would be a fun costume. i'm going to a concert so i might just dress like a hippie and blend right in, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, fun! What concert?
    On Halloween night I'm actually just passing out candy, but my best friend is having a party the night before so I'm going to go all out with my party costume!

    ReplyDelete